Monday 5 May 2008

The Why?

Every journey worth undertaking is done with the Why question first. If we cannot ask why, then we are mindless drones, an ideal for some. That is why I start this. I am trying to hook into the future, my future, to see if documentation will help me on my journey. I want to document my thoughts, because to be totally honest, I feel like I will explode if I don't. I also want to you, whoever you are, to read this, and to know. 
I called this Dare to Know , the road to ignorance. There are many reasons. First, dare to know is a motto favored by Kant. What it means to me, is that it is a challenge, a push to figure to step out of your comforts and your uninformed ignorance and to challenge your mind, to walk down a path leading to..... you don't know. It is accurate to call it darkness. The steps from the superficial lights of society, into the darkness, and hopefully, find the true light, or find solace in it's non-existence. This is very vague I know, but that is the precise reason I am undertaking this; to find some clarity in the vagueness. That is where road 2 ignorance comes in. This has just as much to do with the journey that it does the destination. The road implies a path, whether it be straight or winding, beat down or bush, the road is what we trod, whether we like it or not. It leads to ignorance. I chose this word for a lack of a better term. Socrates believed that the wisest person was one who was aware of their lack of knowledge. Hence aware of their ignorance; aware of what you do not know. That is what I am trying to do, to become more aware of my ignorance, and to accept it. 
So here is the beginning, may this be a fruit full journey, and enlightening one, where I may push my limits, and maybe prod some minds. 

No comments: